Crafty You – A Crafting Retreat
Our retreats are time to get away with friends old and new to craft, share ideas, learn new techniques and have a great time doing it!
Unlike ‘crops’ that you may have heard of, we’re not just scrapbooking. People have worked on cards, vinyl, iron-ons with our heat press, 3D designs, and yes scrapbooking too, but the crafts are up to YOU. Our classes have covered a range of topics and techniques; paper-crafting, multi-media, painting, designing with Inkscape, coloring techniques, and more!
On top of all that, you also have access to your hosts throughout the retreat for questions and help.
It’s time to take a few days just for you, creating and crafting! You will have a large crafting space to yourself at the retreat, either a whole table or a shared large space.
At our retreats you will make new life-long friends from all over, learn and share all kinds of techniques and ideas, all while you are laughing and creating!
It’s Me time for crafty you.
Past Event Galleries
Check out our galleries from past events to get an idea of the crafty family, friends and fun we have!
What to Pack
Below are ideas on how to pack for Crafty You! It is by no means a checklist though for you to tick off everything on the list as you pack it. It’s suggestions and tips to help you think about what to bring.
Take some time to pre-plan your pages/cards/projects. Consider bringing a “theme” or a set of projects to maximize your packing space and get the most work done. This way you can bring what you need for that work instead of trying to bring your whole craft room on the trip with you! Keep in mind any classes being taught at your event that you might want to participate in to make sure you’re ready for those too.
Make use of the tools provided by your hosts. This is an excellent chance to use new items, learn new skills and save on packing space. There will be a point where you say “I wish I had brought my…” This is the perfect opportunity to get creative and use what you have! If that doesn’t work out, don’t be afraid to ask if anyone the crafting room if anyone else has what you need.
- Photos if you scrapbook; develop them before the crop!
- Your Cricut or any other electronic paper cutter if you don’t want to have to share a public machine.
- Make sure you know your passwords to your Cricut Account or any other online accounts you might need! Don’t rely on it being saved in your web browser.
- If your device is wireless, note it’s code on the machine with a sticker before you come to the event. Trying to figure out which machine is yours in a room full of crafters can be crazy!
- Paper Trimmer
- Lots of paper to use in whatever you make
- Embellishments for projects or to swap
- Plenty of your favorite adhesives, liquid glue, tape runners, foam tape, glue dots.
- An extension cord or power strip, if you have a lot of electronics. Power will be available but it may not always be right at your table.
- Any power cables, USB cables or other connectors for your electronics.
- A water bottle to stay hydrated but not risk spilling on your work.
- Your Crafty You seat cushion to stay comfortable.
- Anything else you want to have FUN!